Saturday, January 10, 2015

Better twitch and close game

My wife found a Reaction Ball at our local sports store and so today I had a chance to try it out.


I hadn't heard of them before I recently spotted one in a Rebel Sports catalog. Apparently they are for cricket practice and help improve reaction time to off bounces. The large nodes on the side means that it bounces in an unpredictable way. This turned out to be fun and useful on the unicycle as it meant that I needed to find a posture and balance that would let me react quickly to the bounce.

I just randomly stick handled it around close to me trying to move it left,right, behind, ahead, dribble etc and every now and then gave it a hit to clear it out to a new area. Was a great work out - legs were on fire after 5 minutes. I have a feeling this is going to be a very valuable little addition. I haven't tried it against a wall yet, but that should take it up a level.

No comments:

Post a Comment